Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweet Friends

I made this card for the Penny Black vellum challenge.  I'm trying to do challenges as a way for me to branch out and learn new techniques... I can honestly say I would never have used vellum if not for this. 
I did a lot of paper piecing on Penny Black's Mimi & Friend  (Here) and was able to use a little more of my new ribbon!  Yay!
I'm not sure how well it shows up, but I've actually put Mimi & Friend on vellum, so the middle of the card is actually slightly transparent.  Then, I popped the flower paper and white ring up on dimensionals to give the appearance of depth.  Some sparkles on their wings and rhinestones on the flowers really made this card fun.  I decided to go without a sentiment on this one because I think it would have taken away from the card itself!
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Yenni Natalia said...

Super cute!! :) i love the matching button soo much :)

joy said...

Such a sweet card, Heather!

Dotty Jo said...

Just dropped by from your Flickr site. Love this card, it's simply adorable! Jo x