Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Helicopter Love

 It's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge time again and isn't this one great?
 At first I really wanted to do a baby card using the onesie and colors as my inspiration but I also needed a card for my mother and since my crafting time is limited, I had to take inspiration from the colors and the twine.  

More background, my mother is actually a pilot.  Not a helicopter pilot but I think it still works for her.  In general, aviation themed, right?
I paper-pieced the helicopter (from Sunny Side Up) with an adorable MME green polka dot and colored in some pink stripes with Copics.  

 I mean really, what girl wouldn't want a green polka dotted w/ pink racing stripe helicopter?  :):):)
The hearts are from Hang Ups and the sentiment is from Word Up.  

My mother-in-law borrowed my sewing machine and I'm really wishing I could have stitched the periphery of the kraft cardstock.  I even considered hand stitching it- but there was no way I would have time for that... so here it is.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: