Friday, November 4, 2011

Storky Reject

Hi friends!  

I'm popping in to share a card I made for the Paper Crafts Magazine May/June submission call.  Over 640 projects were submitted with only 90 picked up, so I feel incredibly lucky to say that while this one was rejected, I did have a few picked up for publication!  Yippee!  


I absolutely LOVE how this one turned out.  This was for Sketch #2.  I followed the sketch pretty closely...  I never have much luck with sketches but I like that it's a challenge for me!  :) 

I'm adding this to Amber's reject blog hop!  Thank you, Amber, for hosting such a fun way to share projects that we all put so much time, effort, and love into! 

I used some really cute Martha Stewart Paper Tape and the PTI stamp set Bundle of Love. 

Isn't this stork so stinkin' cute?   
Now I just need to find someone who is having a baby girl...  Everyone I know is expecting boys!  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 



5 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Seriously? This didn't get picked? It is wonderful. I love the shadowing you did on the stork and baby. I love how his little tail feathers go outside the white background and onto the patterned paper.

Michelle said...

Heather, this card is so, so pretty! I really can't wait to see what cards DO get published for this sketch, because yours is just so beautiful, the others must be spectacular!

Cassandra said...

You have put these papers together so well, something I cannot do. And your stork is just great.

Glenda J said...

Congrats on the acceptances! Super cute card - love the stitching.

Judy1223 said...

Heather, if THIS beauty didn't get published, I can't imagine how good the cards are that were chosen. I adore the colors, the patterns, the adorable stork, the glitter, the stitching...all GORGEOUS!