Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Cut Above, Day 2

Time to share the card from today's Online Card Class, A Cut Above.
Today's class was all about window cards.  
This is something I generally don't do so it definitely took me out of the box, which is why I am taking the class, right?!?!  It's all about trying new things, different techniques.  
Day 2, Mission Accomplished.
:)
I die-cut the butterfly out of the card and the tag and mounted the tag on foam adhesive to give some depth.   (Well, before adhering the tag, I stamped the dots)
Then, I stamped the butterfly with houndstooth and adhered the butterfly die-cut on the inside of the card, so looking at it flat, it fits perfectly in the tag.  

The dots are Paper Smooches Primary and the Houndstooth, Tag & Butterfly Die, and Sentiment are from Papertrey Ink.  

I'm enjoying myself with this class... it's definitely pushing me out of my stamping box.  :)  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  

4 comments:

Luckysmom said...

Love the simplicity of your card.

Winnie said...

So pretty. Love the houndstooth pattern you used. It really pops against the kraft paper!

ThePurplePlace said...

Stunning card! I saw it over in the Class Gallery and loved it right away!! I always love the look of black and white together!!!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Pam W Merwin said...

It looks great - wonderful job!